- Autores: Camacho R, Carvalho AP, Grossman Z, Levy I, Ram D, Rudich H, Vercauteren J, Beheydt G, Vandamme AM, Van Laethem K
- Journal: Antiviral Therapy
- Link: https://apps.webofknowledge.com/full_record.do?product=UA&search_mode=GeneralSearch&qid=2&SID=Z1yZbyGlNxI3xGo9eDj&page=1&doc=1
Cellular HIV-1 DNA levels in drug sensitive strains are equivalent to those in drug resistant strains in newly-diagnosed patients in Europe
- Autores: Balotta C, Clotet B, Demetriou VL, Grossman Z, Jørgensen LB, Kostrikis LG, Kousiappa I, Lepej SZ, Levy I, Nielsen C, Paraskevis D, Poljak M, Roman F, Ruiz L, Schmidt JC, Van de Vijver DA, Vercauteren J, Vandamme AM, Van Laethem K
- Journal: PLoS One
- Link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20544014
HIV-1 genotypic drug resistance is an important threat to the success of antiretroviral therapy and transmitted resistance has reached 9% prevalence in Europe. Studies have demonstrated that HIV-1 DNA load in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) have a predictive value for disease progression, independently of CD4 counts and plasma viral load.