- +351 213 652 600
- Download CV
- NOVA Research
Luís Filipe Lopes
Grupo GHTM: VBD PhD members, Vector-borne diseases and pathogens
Luis Filipe Lopes is a researcher in the area of Medical Entomology and Scientific Collection Management at the Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Universidade Nova de Lisboa (IHMT/UNL) since November 2018.
Has a degree in Biology – Madeira University (2001) and PhD in Biomedical Sciences | Parasitology – IHMT / Nova University (2009), a master’s in Information Technologies Applied to Biomedical Sciences – Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon (2010).
Has worked in the National Museum of Natural History and Science (2011-2018), in scientific data management curatorship of the arachnid and insect collection.
His current main areas of interest are medical entomology and scientific entomological collections.
- Fernandes SN, Lopes LF & Godinho MH (2019). Recent advances in the manipulation of circularly polarised light with cellulose nanocrystal films. Current Opinion in Solid State and Materials Science, 23(2): 63-73.
- Skoracka A, Lopes LF, Alves MJ, Miller A, Lewandowski M, Szydło W, Majer A, Różańska E & Kuczyński L. (2018). Genetics of lineage diversification and the evolution of host usage in the economically important wheat curl mite, Aceria tosichella Keifer, 1969. BMC Evolutionary Biology, 18:22.
- Niza H, Bento M, Lopes LF, Cartaxana A, Correia AM (2021). A picture is worth a thousand words: using digital tools to visualise marine invertebrate diversity data along the coasts of Mozambique and São Tomé & Príncipe. Biodiversity Data Journal 9: e68817. https://doi.org/10.3897/BDJ.9.e68817
- Andena SR, Lopes LF, Carpenter JM, Silveira OT (2021). A Brief Review of Studies on Social Wasps in Brazil. In: Prezoto F, Nascimento FS, Barbosa BC, Somavilla A (eds) Neotropical Social Wasps. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-53510-0_1
- Mendes LF, Bivar-de-Sousa A, Lopes LF (2021). Description of five new subspecies of Bebearia Hemming, 1960 and further notes on the genus (Lepidoptera: Nymphalidae, Limenetidinae, Adolaidini). SHILAP Revista de lepidopterología 49 (196), 581-606. ISSN 0300-5267. https://dialnet.unirioja.es/servlet/articulo?codigo=8388869