Researcher in Public Health at FIOCRUZ/Farmanguinhos in the Centre for Technological Innovation – NIT FAR/FIOCRUZ – Oswaldo Cruz Foundation.
Leader of the Research Group on Knowledge Management and Health Prospecting at FIOCRUZ. Researcher at Global Health and Tropical Medicine Research Center (GHTM) of the Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (IHMT) at Universidade NOVA de Lisboa.
Postdoctoral at Université de Provence Aix-Marseille (Institut de Recherche en Sciences de l’Information et de la Communication), France. Research in Competitive Intelligence Survey for public health. His research consists of using Data and tools to collaborate, understand and facilitate attention to Health Sector, i.e.; neglected tropical diseases.
The lines of research are Management and Technological Innovation, working mainly on:
- Big Data in Health and Web 2.0
- Knowledge Management and Technological Innovation
- Technological trends and evaluation the chemical-pharmaceutical industry
- Open science
- Competitive and Collaborative Intelligence
- Industrial Property for Pharmaceuticals and Pharmochemical area
- Health Policies
- One Health
- Public Health
- Lima de Magalhães, Jorge; Hartz, Zulmira (Org.); Jamil, George Leal (Org.) ; Silveira, Henrique (Org.) ; Jamil, Liliane C. (Org.) . Handbook of Research on Essential Information Approaches to Aiding Global Health in the One Health Context. 1. ed. Hershey, Pensylvania: IGI Global, 2022. v. 1. 400p. https://www.igi-global.com/gateway/book/266849
- Figueiredo, T. A. ; Fialho Neto, R. G. ; Magalhães, J.L. . The public production of medicines in Brazil. Ciência & Saúde Coletiva, v. 26, p. 3423-3434, 2021. https://www.scielo.br/j/csc/a/8ygJ8CGzfkbW8HY46X7V9YC/?lang=en
- Magalhães, J.L., Cerveira, G. S.; Antunes, A. M. S. . Trends in Membrane Distillation for Wastewater Treatment. Journal Of Environmental Protection (PRINT), v. 12, p. 106-124, 2021. https://www.scirp.org/journal/paperinformation.aspx?paperid=107306
- Magalhães, Jorge; Koch Chaves, Henrique ; Muniz, Viviane Theodora . An overview of big data in covid-19 as a contribution to the management of scientific and technological knowledge. Problems of management In the 21st Century, v. 16, p. 102-111, 2021. http://www.scientiasocialis.lt/pmc/?q=node/248
- Magalhães, J.L.; Hartz, Z. M. A. ; Quoniam, L. ; Pereira, G. P. ; Antunes, A. M. S. . Big Data in health and open science: a contribution to the management of knowledge in covid-19. Revista Prevenção De Infecção E Saúde, v. 6, p. 1-13, 2020. https://www.ojs.ufpi.br/index.php/nupcis/article/view/10659