Fatima Nogueira (https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0313-0778) is a researcher at Medical Parasitology UNIT, NOVA/IHMT. She has a PhD in Biomedical Sciences, specialty of Medical Parasitology. Main research interests are the antimalarial drug resistance mechanisms and targets; a) development of molecular tools for monitoring drug resistance in Plasmodium falciparum and P. vivax; b) in vivo and in vitro screening of new synthetic and natural compounds for anti-malarial activity and transmission blocking assays (P. falciparum and P. berghei). Task coordinator in the projects: EuroNanoMed3-NANOpheles and PTDC/QUI/65142/2006; team member in: CYTED – 209RT0381, FCT-CAPES 2011-2012, QLK2-CT-2002-01503, POCTI/ESP/42666/2001, POCTI/ESP/39580/2001, POCTI/ESP/42666/2001, 36369/99.
Coordinates 4 curricular units (2 PhD and 2 MsC) and taches in 2 PhD and 3 MSc programs at Nova/IHMT. Currently supervising 2 PhD students and 5 MSc students. Authored more than 40 papers in international pear reviewed journals in the fields of malaria drug resistance and new antimalarials. Regular research collaboration&training activities in CPLP countries.
- Lobo L, Sousa Bd, Cabral L, Cristiano ML, Nogueira F. Highly active ozonides selected against drug resistant malaria. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2016 Jun 7;0:0.
- Machado M, Murtinheira F, Lobo E, Nogueira F. Whole-Cell SYBR Green I Assay for Antimalarial Activity Assessment. Ann Clin Med Microbio. 2016, 2 (1): 1010.
- Santos SA, Lukens AK, Coelho L, Nogueira F, Wirth DF, Mazitschek R, Moreira R, Paulo A. Exploring the 3-piperidin-4-yl-1H-indole scaffold as a novel antimalarial chemotype. Eur J Med Chem. 2015 Sep 18;102:320-33.
- Gomes A, Machado M, Lobo L, Nogueira F, Prudêncio M, Teixeira C, Gomes P. N-Cinnamoylation of Antimalarial Classics: Effects of Using Acyl Groups Other than Cinnamoyl toward Dual-Stage Antimalarials. ChemMedChem. 2015 Jun 2.
- Escobar C, Pateira S, Lobo E, Lobo L, Teodosio R, Dias F, Fernandes N, Arez AP, Varandas L, Nogueira F. Polymorphisms in Plasmodium falciparum K13-propeller in Angola and Mozambique after the introduction of the ACTs. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 19;10(3): e0119215