I have a degree in Dietetics (2010) from the School of Health of the Polytechnic Institute of Bragança and a master’s degree in nutrition and health at the University of the Basque Country (2013). Currently, I am a PhD Scholarship in International Health (Health Policies and Development) at the Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (Ref: SFRH/BD/115382/2016 e COVID/BD/152120/202)).
Member as a researcher in several projects related in public health field and social sciences with focus on vulnerable populations in different countries such as: Portugal, Spain (Basque Country) and Cabo Verde (Praia). The main research themes are food habits, nutritional status, lifestyles, chronic diseases, health determinants, relationship between urban planning and health and relationship between acculturation processes and immigrant´s health.
- Alves D, Craveiro I, Basabe N, Gonçalves L. Mixed methods study protocol to explore acculturation, lifestyles and health of immigrants from the Community of Portuguese-Speaking Countries in two Iberian contexts: how to face uncertainties amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. BMJ Open. 2021; 11:e048818: 1-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2021-048818
- Alves D, Santos Z, Amado M, Craveiro I, Delgado AP, Correia A, Gonçalves L. Low potassium and high sodium intakes: a double health treat to Cape Verdeans. BMC Public Health. 2018; 18 (995): 1-11. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-018-5911-x.
- Craveiro I, Alves D, Amado M, Santos Z, Fortes A, Delgado A, Correia A, Gonçalves L. Determinants, health problems and food insecutiry in urban areas of the largest city in Cape Verde. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2016; 13 (1155): 1-14. doi:10.3390/ijerph13111155
- Gonçalves L, Santos Z, Amado M, Alves D, Simões R, Delgado A, Correia A, Cabral J, Lapão L, Craveiro I. Urban Planning and Health Inequities: looking in a small-scale in a City of Cape Verde. PLOS ONE. 2015;10 (11): 1-27. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0142955.
- Alves D, Hernández N, Ansotegui L, Basabe N, Rocandio A, Arroyo M. Satisfacción con el peso corporal y calidad de la dieta en estudiantes universitarias del País Vasco. Endocrinol. Nutr. 2012;59(4):239-45.DOI: 10.1016/j.endonu.2012.01.007.