- +351 213 652 600
- +351 213 632 105
- Enviar Mail
- Download CV
- NOVA Research
Grupo GHTM: TB, HIV and opportunistic diseases and pathogens, THOP PhD members
Patrícia Abrantes is a research assistant at Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (IHMT) and at Global Health and Tropical Medicine Center (GHTM) of Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (UNL). She holds a PhD in Biomedical Sciences by the Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (2007) and a BSc in Biology (2000) by the Faculty of Sciences, University of Lisbon.
At IHMT, she is responsible for the administration and maintenance of the GHTM bioinformatics Hub and also for giving support to GHTM researchers on bioinformatic analyses.
Her scientific activity has been mainly devoted to the identification of human susceptibility genes for different pathologies as well as to host-parasite interaction studies. For that, she has been applying different genome-wide strategies, as well as several computational biology tools.
- (2020). Patterns of Sexual Risk Behavior, HIV Infection, and Use of Health Services Among Sub-Saharan African Migrants in Portugal, The Journal of Sex Research, 57(7):906-913. (*equal contribution). doi: 10.1080/00224499.2019.1601154
- Santana RAG, Oliveira MC, Cabral I, Junior RCAS, de Sousa DRT, Ferreira L, Lacerda MVG, Monteiro WM, Abrantes P, Guerra MDGVB, Silveira H. (2019). Anopheles aquasalis transcriptome reveals autophagic responses to Plasmodium vivax midgut invasion. Parasites Vectors 12, 261. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13071-019-3506-8
- Abrantes P, Rosa A, Francisco V, Sousa I, Xavier JM, Oliveira SA. (2016). Mitochondrial genome association study with peripheral arterial disease and venous thromboembolism. Atherosclerosis, 252:97-105. doi: 10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2016.07.920.
- Abrantes P, Santos MM, Sousa I, Xavier JM, Francisco V, Krug T, Sobral J, Matos M, Martins M, Jacinto A, Coiteiro D, Oliveira SA. (2015). Genetic variants underlying risk of intracranial aneurysms: Insights from a GWAS in Portuguese. PLoS ONE 10(7): e0133422. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0133422.
- Abrantes P, Dimopoulos G, Grosso AR, Do Rosário VE, Silveira H. (2008). Chloroquine mediated modulation of Anopheles gambiae gene expression. PLoS ONE 3(7):e2587. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0002587