Grupo GHTM: VBD non PhD members, Vector-borne diseases and pathogens
ProfileResearchTop 5 Publications
I hold a Master (2016) and a degree (2013) in Biomedical Science, both by the University of Algarve (UALG).
Since October 2019, I´m a PhD student at the Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (IHMT) Tropical Diseases and Global Health program of Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (UNL).
I worked between 2017 and 2020 at the research center Bandim Health Project (Guinea-Bissau), where I participate as researcher in different projects(s) on public health (malaria, HIV, measles).
The main research area was malaria, where I performed functions such as:
- Coordinator of the implementation of malaria sentinel posts under the project Reduction of malaria mortality and morbidity in Guinea-Bissau and Entomological Surveillance at the Sentinel posts of Bairro Militar and Gabu (2019 – 2020/12/31)
- Supervisor for the implementation of the sentinel posts for malaria under the project Reduction of mortality and morbidity of malaria in Guinea-Bissau, Bandim Health Project (2017 – 2020/12/31)
- Principal investigator in the project Study of the Evaluation of susceptibility of vectors of malaria to insecticides in Guinea-Bissau, in collaboration with the National Institute of Health Doutor Ricardo Jorge (INSA) and supported by the Infravec2 Project (2018 – 2019/04)
- Laboratory supervisor for sero-survey Reduction of mortality and morbidity of malaria in Guinea-Bissau, Bandim Health Project (2017 – 2018/08)
- Silva, Ronise; Mavridis, Konstantinos; Vontas, John; Rodrigues, Amabélia; Osório, Hugo Costa. “Monitoring and molecular profiling of contemporary insecticide resistance status of malaria vectors in Guinea–Bissau”. Acta Tropica 206 (2020): 105440. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.actatropica.2020.105440.