Humoral response in HIV and HCV infection
We are interested in vaccine development; identification, characterization and production of murine and human monoclonal antibodies; neutralization assays using TZM-bl cells; identification of neutralizing viral epitopes; antigenicity and immunogenicity of viral proteins and production of viral particles.
Team: Rute Alexandre Marcelino (PhD Student), Débora Almeida (Master’s Student), Rita Franciosi (Visiting Student)
- Rocha C, Duarte J, Borrego P, Calado R, Marcelino JM, Tendeiro R, Valadas E, Sousa AE, Taveira N. Potency of HIV-2-specific antibodies increase in direct association with loss of memory B cell. AIDS. 2017 Nov. 13;31(17):2431-243
- Marcelino JM, Borrego P, Nilsson C, Família C, Barroso H, Maltez F, Doroana M, Antunes F, Quintas A and Taveira N. Resistance to antibody neutralization in HIV-2 infection occurs in late stage disease and is associated with X4 tropism. AIDS. 2012 Nov 28;26 (18):2275-2284. IF = 6.407
- Marcelino JM, Borrego P, Barroso H, Quintas A, Novo C and Taveira N. Potent and broadly reactive HIV-2 neutralizing antibodies elicited by a Vaccinia vector-prime C2V3C3-boost vaccination strategy. J Virol. 2010 Dec; 84 (23): 12429-12436. IF = 5.189
- Skar H, Borrego P, Wallstrom TC, Mild M, Marcelino JM, Barroso H, Taveira N, Leitner T, Albert J. HIV-2 genetic evolution in patients with advanced disease is faster than in matched HIV-1. J Virol. 2010 Jul; 84(14): 7412-5. IF = 5.189
- Marcelino JM, Nilsson C, Barroso H, Gomes P, Borrego P, Maltez F, Rosado L, Doroana M, Antunes F, Taveira N. Envelope-specific antibody response in HIV-2 infection: C2V3C3-specific IgG response is associated with disease progression. 2008 Nov 12; 22(17): 2257-65. IF = 5.460