- +351 213 652 600
- +351 213 632 105
- Download CV
- NOVA Research
Cross-cutting Issue Facilitator Fair Research Partnerships
Grupo GHTM: Population health, policies and services, PPS PhD members
Graduated in Sociology (BSc) since 1996, and Master in Sociology of Development and Social Transformation (2002) by the Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra. In 2010 obtained PhD degree in International Health from the Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine of NOVA University of Lisbon. Assistant Professor in the Department for Global Public Health, at IHMT-NOVA. Member of the Scientific Council of the Research Center Global Health and Tropical Medicine and coordinator of the Cross Cutting Issue Fair Research Partnerships. Coordinator of the Masters in public health and Development. Coordinates WHO Collaborating Center on Health Workforce Policy and Planning. Has supervised several post-doctoral, doctoral and master’s works.
Professional experience in Portugal, Brazil, Cabo Verde, Angola, Mozambique, and Guinea Bissau. She has been involved in large collaborative research projects financed by European Union and FCT.
Works on health evaluation, health informed policies. Main areas of interest are global public health, the mechanisms of health informed policies, international comparisons of health workforce interventions, gender, and social determinants of health. Areas of research focus on qualitative research methods and mixed methods applied to social sciences, and health policy research.
- Craveiro, Isabel; Carvalho, António; Ferrinho, Paulo. “Get us partnerships!” – a qualitative study of Angolan and Mozambican health academics’ experiences with North/South partnerships. Global Health 16, 33 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12992-020-00562-7.
- Hartz Z, Rehem TCMSB, Craveiro I (2021). Meta-avaliação em tempos de pandemia: para que servem as intervenções da covid-19? In Alethele de Oliveira Santos Luciana Tolêdo Lopes (org). Principais Elementos. (pp.168-180). Conselho Nacional de Secretários de Saúde. ISBN 978-65-88631-11-9.
- Ribeiro RM, Gonçalves L, Havik PJ, Craveiro I. Tuberculosis and Migrant Pathways in an Urban Setting: A Mixed-Method Case Study on a Treatment Centre in the Lisbon Metropolitan Area, Portugal. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2022; 19(7):3834. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph19073834.
- Dussault Gilles; Buchan James and Craveiro Isabel (2016). Migration of nurses and doctors in the European Union and the European Free Trade Association. In Triandafyllidou A. and Isaakyan I. (ed.) High Skill Migration and Recession: Gendered Perspectives. Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN 978-1-137-46710-2.
- Varanda Jorge, Gonçalves Luzia, Craveiro Isabel (2020). The Unlikely Saviour: Portugal’s National Health System and the Initial Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Development. December 2020. DOI: 10.1057/s41301-020-00268-8.