Bachelor’s degree in nursing, postgraduate degree in epidemiology, master’s degree in public health and doctorate in international health. Assistant Professor at the Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine at the NOVA University of Lisbon. Member of the Scientific Council of the Research Center Global Health and Tropical Medicine and coordinator of the Cross Cuting Issue Public Health Information. Leader of the Portuguese team of the European Observatory of Health Systems. Advisor to the National Ethics Council for Life Sciences. Advisor to the Minister of Health of the XXI Constitutional Government (2018-2019) and expert of the National Health Council (2016-2018). Deputy-editor of BMC Human Resources for Health. Has published, as author or co-author, articles in indexed and non-indexed journals, books, book chapters, reports and other grey literature. Supervised several postdoctoral, doctoral, and master’s students. Received 3 awards and/or honours. Researcher in several national and international projects. Works in the area of Medical and Health Sciences with an emphasis on Epidemiology, Health Services and Policies and Health Human Resources.
Epidemiology with an emphasis on observational epidemiology
Human Resources for Health
- Fronteira I, Buchan J, Poz MRD, Ferrinho P. Leadership in HRH: remembering the future? Human Resources for Health [Internet]. 12 de maio de 2022 [citado 17 de maio de 2022];20(1):38. https://doi.org/10.118/s12960-022-00738-9
- Simões J, Magalhães JPM, Biscaia A, da Luz Pereira A, Augusto GF, Fronteira I. Organisation of the State, model of health system and COVID-19 health outcomes in six European countries, during the first months of the COVID-19 epidemic in 2020. Int J Health Plann Manage. 30 de Junho de 2021 https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/hpm.3271
- Fronteira I, Sidat M, Magalhães JP, de Barros FPC, Delgado AP, Correia T, et al. The SARS-CoV-2 pandemic: A syndemic perspective. One Health. junho de 2021;12:100228.
- Lopes de Sousa ÁF, Carvalho HEF de, Oliveira LB de, Schneider G, Camargo ELS, Watanabe E, …, Fronteira I. Effects of COVID-19 Infection during Pregnancy and Neonatal Prognosis: What Is the Evidence? International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health [Internet]. janeiro de 2020 [citado 9 de janeiro de 2022];17(11):4176. https://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/17/11/4176
- de Sousa ÁFL, Teixeira JRB, Lua I, de Oliveira Souza F, Ferreira AJF, Schneider G, Carvalho H., Oliveira Layze, Lima S, Sousa E, Oriá M, Craveiro I, Araújo T, Mendes I, Ventura C, Sousa I, Oliveira R, Simao M, Fronteira I. Determinants of COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy in Portuguese-Speaking Countries: A Structural Equations Modeling Approach. Vaccines [Internet]. 2021 Oct [cited 2021 Oct 12];9(10):1167. https://www.mdpi.com/2076-393X/9/10/1167