- +351 213 652 600
- Download CV
- NOVA Research
Grupo GHTM: VBD PhD members, Vector-borne diseases and pathogens
ProfileResearchTop 5 Publications
Gustavo Capatti Cassiano has a PhD in Genetics and currently is a Researcher at Global Health and Tropical Medicine Center of IHMT/NOVA. I have so far published 29 articles, 3 book chapters and I have co-supervise(d) 2 BSc, 1 MSc, and 2 PhD students. Presently, the most relevant part of my work is focused on Computer-Assisted Drug Design, aiming at discovering new drug candidates for Neglected and Tropical diseases.
Gustavo Capatti Cassiano is focused on three main lines of research:
- Genetics association studies to evaluate the genetic components that could influence the development of naturally acquired immune response against malaria;
- Development of computational tools for drug discovery against tropical diseases;
- Development of antimalarial drug susceptibility assays
- Artificial intelligence applied for the rapid identification of new antimalarial candidates with dualstage activity – ChemMedChem. 2021. 16(7). doi: 10.1002/cmdc.202000685
- Targeting malaria protein kinases – chapter in book published in Advances in Protein Chemistry and Structural Biology. 2021;124. doi: 10.1016/bs.apcsb.2020.10.004
- Computational Chemogenomics Drug Repositioning Strategy Enables the Discovery of Epirubicin as a New Repurposed Hit for Plasmodium falciparum and P. vivax. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2020. 64(9). doi: 10.1128/AAC.02041-19
- Deep Learning-driven research for drug discovery: Tackling Malaria. – PLoS Comput Biol. 2020. 16(2). doi: 10.1371/journal.pcbi.1007025.
- Impact of population admixture on the distribution of immune response co-stimulatory genes polymorphisms in a Brazilian population. – Hum Immunol. 2015. 76(11). doi: 10.1016/j.humimm.2015.09.045