Cláudia Conceição is Assistant Professor in Clinical Tropical at the Tropical Clinic Unit at the Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Universidade Nova de Lisboa (IHMT/UNL), since 2013. She is member of the IHMT’s Ethics Council (2015-19). She is also member of the board of the Portuguese Society of Travel Medicine (2015-2017).
Cláudia Conceição graduated in Medicine in 1989 (Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto). She worked as a medical doctor and became a specialist in Internal Medicine in 1998. In 2011 she obtained a PhD degree in International Health, Health policies and Development awarded by the New University of Lisbon. Since 1998 she worked with different organisations (namely Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and National School of Public health in the New University of Lisbon, School of Health Sciences, Universidade do Minho, World Health Organisation in Geneva) in the field of health services research, human resources for health and health policy. She worked in several projects financed by the European Commission, coordinated workpackages in two and was part of the coordinating committee in three.
Author/co-author of 22 peer reviewed publications at international level and 11 at national level.
- Health professionals moving to… and from Portugal. Ribeiro JS, Conceição C, Pereira J, Leone C, Mendonça P, Temido M, Vieira CP, Dussalt G. Health Policy. 2013 Jun 22. pii: S0168-8510(13)00134-6. doi: 10.1016/j.healthpol.2013.05.009.
- Public health research systems in the European Union Cláudia Conceição, Mark McCarthy Health Research Policy and Systems 2011, 9:38.
- National support to public health research: a survey of European ministries. Cláudia Conceição, Alexandra Leandro, Mark McCarthy. BMC Public Health 2009, 9:203.
- Patterns of perceptions of workplace violence in the Portuguese health care sector. Paulo Ferrinho, André Biscaia, Inês Fronteira, Isabel Craveiro, Ana Rita Antunes, Cláudia Conceição, Isabel Flores, Osvaldo Santos. Hum Resour Health. 2003 Nov 7; 1(1): 11.
- When staff is underpaid: dealing with the individual coping strategies of health personnel. Wim Van Lerberghe, Cláudia Conceição, Wim Van Damme, Paulo Ferrinho. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 2002, 80 (7).