Carolina Gasparinho holds a PhD in International Health – Tropical Public Health specialty (finished in 2019 with a Scholar and Scientific Merit Award); a MSc in Tropical Health, both from the Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (NOVA University Lisbon, Portugal), and a Nursing Degree from the Higher School of Health of the Portuguese Red Cross, Portugal.
Currently, she is attending a Postgraduate course in Healthcare Project Management at National School of Public Health (ENSP), NOVA University Lisbon, Portugal.
Her main research areas of interest have been focused on malnutrition and enteric infections caused by parasites, bacteria and virus in the paediatric population, as a result of the experience gained in Northern and Southern Angola during her PhD and Master degrees. She has field experience with the coordination of two hospital-based research studies and a longitudinal four-arm randomized trial developed at the community level in Angola. Currently, she collaborates as co-author with some research work also developed in other Portuguese speaking African countries (CPLP), namely Mozambique and São Tomé and Príncipe.
- Gasparinho, C.; Gonçalves, M. H.; Chissaque, A.; Silva, G. L.; Fortes, F.; Gonçalves, L., Wasting, Stunting, and Anemia in Angolan Children after Deworming with Albendazole or a Test-and-Treat Approach for Intestinal Parasites: Binary Longitudinal Models with Temporal Structure in a Four-Arm Randomized Trial. Nutrients 2022, 14, (11), 2185.
- Gasparinho, C.; Kanjungo, A.; Zage, F.; Clemente, I.; Santos-Reis, A.; Brito, M.; Sousa-Figueiredo, J. C.; Fortes, F.; Gonçalves, L., Impact of Annual Albendazole versus Four-Monthly Test-and-Treat Approach of Intestinal Parasites on Children Growth-A Longitudinal Four-Arm Randomized Parallel Trial during Two Years of a Community Follow-Up in Bengo, Angola. Pathogens (Basel, Switzerland) 2021, 10, (3).
- Chissaque, A.; Cassocera, M.; Gasparinho, C.; Langa, J. S.; Bauhofer, A. F. L.; Chilaúle, J. J.; João, E. D.; Munlela, B. A.; Sambo, J. A. M.; Boene, S. S.; Djedje, M. B.; Anapakala, E. M.; Guimarães, E. L.; Bero, D. M.; Manhique-Coutinho, L. V.; Cossa-Moiane, I.; Kellogg, T. A.; Gonçalves, L. A. P.; de Deus, N., Rotavirus A infection in children under five years old with a double health problem: undernutrition and diarrhoea – a cross-sectional study in four provinces of Mozambique. BMC Infect Dis 2021, 21, (1), 18-18.
- Gasparinho, C.; Piedade, J.; Mirante, M. C.; Mendes, C.; Mayer, C.; Vaz Nery, S.; Brito, M.; Istrate, C., Characterization of rotavirus infection in children with acute gastroenteritis in Bengo province, Northwestern Angola, prior to vaccine introduction. PloS one 2017, 12, (4), e0176046.
- Gasparinho, C.; Mirante, M. C.; Centeno-Lima, S.; Istrate, C.; Mayer, A. C.; Tavira, L.; Nery, S. V.; Brito, M., Etiology of Diarrhea in Children Younger Than 5 Years Attending the Bengo General Hospital in Angola. The Pediatric infectious disease journal 2016, 35, (2), e28-34.