- +351 213 652 600
- +351 213 632 105
- Enviar Mail
- Download CV
- NOVA Research
Álvaro de Sousa
Grupo GHTM: Population health, policies and services, PPS PhD members
PhD in Sciences (2016-2020) from the Ribeirão Preto School of Nursing, University of São Paulo – USP and PhD in International Health (2018-2020), from the Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (IHMT), from Universidade Nova de Lisboa (UNL), Lisbon, Portugal.
Is currently a postdoctoral fellow with CNPq – Brazil (2020-2021). Member of the UNITE – Global Parliamentarians Network to HIV / AIDS End, since 2019 and is a member of the Network in Exposoma Human and Infectious diseases (NEHID), coordinated by EERP-USP.
He is an Associate Editor of BMC Infectious Diseases (WoS indexed), Revista Brasileira de Enfermagem (WoS indexed) as well as one of the founders and Associate Editor of Revista Prevenção de Infecção e Saúde. He serves on the editorial board (Editorial Board Member) of the Open Journal of Nursing (WoS indexed) and ad hoc consultant to dozens of National and International journals. Has international awards such as the Peer Review Awards of Thomson Reuters / Web Of Science in the field of Immunology for two years in a row (2018 and 2019). It has consolidated production, with almost 50 papers published in peer-reviewed journals and indexed in the best databases. Is a collaborator in the IberoAmericana Network for Scientific Publishing in Nursing (Rede IberoAmericana de editoração Científica em Enfermagem – REDEdit) coordinated by the WHO Collaborating Center.
Investigates in the field of infectious diseases, from a microbiological to a behavioral approach. Coordinates multicentre projects in Brazil and pioneers in Latin America to study HIV vulnerabilities among users of dating apps (Grindr; Hornet and others), which resulted in a series of papers in international Journals.
Currently coordinates a multi-center project involving immigrants from Portuguese-speaking countries called “In_PrEP Brazil / Portugal”. For this, we use innovative methodologies to track participants and collect data that is being improved to increase the population’s access to information and services. Also highlight pioneering spirit when coordinating a project aimed at identifying and evaluating the behaviors and health practices of MSM during the period of social isolation for COVID-19 in Brazil and Portugal (40th: Behaviors, practices, attitudes, health and knowledge of men in times of pandemic). This project has already generated two manuscripts, one of which was made available in Medrxiv in June: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.06.07.20113142v1.full.pdf
Coordinates the project “FACT OR FAKE” – COVID-19 INFECTION IN PORTUGUESE SPEAKING COUNTRIES: IMPACT OF FAKE NEWS ON THE RESPONSE, a multicenter project; online in partnership with the 9 Portuguese speaking countries.
- Lopes de Sousa, Álvaro Francisco; Carvalho, Herica Emilia Félix de; Oliveira, Layze Braz de; Schneider, Guilherme; Camargo, Emerson Lucas Silva; Watanabe, Evandro; de Andrade, Denise; Fernandes, Ana Fátima Carvalho; Mendes, Isabel Amélia Costa; Fronteira, Inês. (2020). Effects of COVID-19 Infection during Pregnancy and Neonatal Prognosis: What Is the Evidence? International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, v. 17, p. 4176.
- Queiroz, Artur Acelino Francisco Luz Nunes; De Sousa, Álvaro Francisco Lopes; Matos, Matheus Costa Brandão; De Araújo, Telma Maria Evangelista; Brignol, Sandra; Reis, Renata Karina; Gir, Elucir; Moura, Maria Eliete Batista. (2019). Factors associated with self-reported non-completion of the hepatitis B vaccine series in men who have sex with men in Brazil. BMC Infectious Diseases, v. 19, p. 335.
- Furlan, Mara Cristina Ribeiro; Ferreira, Adriano Menis; Da Silva Barcelos, Larissa; Rigotti, Marcelo Alessandro; De Sousa, Alvaro Francisco Lopes; Dos Santos Junior, Aires Garcia; De Andrade, Denise; De Almeida, Margarete Teresa Gottardo; Da Silva Barreto, Mayckel. (2019). Evaluation of disinfection of surfaces at an outpatient unit before and after an intervention program. BMC Infectious Diseases, v. 19, p. 355.
- Álvaro Francisco Lopes de Sousa; Queiroz, A. A. F. L. N.; Fronteira, Inês; Lapão, L.; Brignol, Sandra; Mendes, I. A. C. (2019). HIV Testing Among Middle-Aged and Older Men Who Have Sex With Men (MSM): A Blind Spot? American Journal of Mens Health, v. 13, p. 155798831986354.
- Mendes, I. A. C.; Ventura, C.; Queiroz, A. A. F. L. N.; Sousa, Álvaro Francisco Lopes De. (2020). GLOBAL HEALTH EDUCATION PROGRAMS IN THE AMERICAS: A SCOPING REVIEW. Annals of Global Health, v. 86, p. 42.