- +351 213 652 600
- +351 213 632 105
Grupo GHTM: IHC non PhD members, Individual Health Care
Paediatrician, MD and PhD student
Medical Assessor at INFARMED
Global Child Health: cooperation and development projects, research and clinical activity in low income and resource African countries
Paediatrician with special dedication to the areas of global child health, paediatric infectious diseases and social paediatrics finishing her PhD in Tropical Medicine at the Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (IHMT) of the Nova University of Lisbon (UNL) with funding from the FCT (2017-2019). Member of the group of the GHTM (Global Health Tropical Medicine) IHC.
Graduated in medicine in 2002 from the Faculdade de Ciências Médicas de Lisboa, specialist in Paediatrics since 2012 and achieving in 2013 the competence in Pharmaceutical Medicine by the Portuguese Medical Association (Ordem dos Médicos).
2003-until now: expert on the Medicines Evaluation Committee (CAM) of Infarmed – National Authority for Medicines and Health Products, I.P.
2002-until now: participates and/or coordinates, in the Global Child Health area, research/cooperation projects in developing countries (mainly in São Tomé and Príncipe).
2013-until now: secretary of the Social Paediatrics Section (SPS) of the Portuguese Society of Paediatrics (SPP) and a member of the organizing and scientific committee of the ICCA (International Congress of Children and Adolescents).
2018- 2020: paediatrician at Unidade de Infecciologia Pediatrica – Hospital D. Estefânia – Centro Hospitalar Lisboa Central, EPE
2012-2013: paediatrician at Hospital Torres Vedras – Centro Hospitalar do Oeste
2016-2017: responsible of the SPS working group for the elaboration of national recommendations for the practice of naps in children: “Recommendations Section Paediatrics Social-Portuguese Paediatrics Society for the practice of Nap for Children in Day Care or Kindergarten, Public or Private”
2006-2012 at Hospital Prof. Dr. Fernando Fonseca performed the follow-up of children and young people victims of sexual abuse and did the assessment of sexually transmitted infections.
2003-2012: Member of the Hospital Centre for Children/Youth at Risk (NHACJR) of the Hospital Prof. Dr. Fernando Fonseca.
2011 Honorary Specialist Registrar for the Adolescence Unit at University College London Hospital – UCLH, London.
2010 completed postgraduate studies in Tropical Medicine from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)-East African Course in Tropical Medicine in Tanzania and Uganda
- Global Child Health in low-resource countries.
- Neonatal morbidity and mortality.
- Adolescent health and adolescent pregnancy.
- Vasconcelos A, Bandeira N, Sousa S, Machado MC, Pereira F. Adolescent pregnancy in Sao Tome and Principe: are there different obstetric and perinatal outcomes?. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 2022;22(1):1-1.
- Vasconcelos A, Bandeira N, Sousa S, Pereira F, Machado MC. Adolescent pregnancy in Sao Tome and Principe: a cross-sectional hospital-based study. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 2022;22(1):1-5.
- Ferreira IP, Rocha E, Torre ML, Carreiro H, Vasconcelos A. Parasitoses intestinais numa população de idade pediátrica do Hospital Professor Doutor Fernando Fonseca, EPE. RPDI-Revista Portuguesa de Doenças Infecciosas. 2021;16(3).
- Rodrigues J, Pinto M, Brito MJ, Martins JD, Gouveia C. Fever and Limp in a 10-Year-old Girl With Congenital Heart Disease. The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. 2021;40(11):1055-7.
- Vasconcelos A, Ezequiel M, Prior C, Estêvão H, Loureiro HC, Ferreira R, Paiva T. SPS-SPP Recommendations: The Practice of Naps for Nursery and Preschool Children. DOI: 10.25754/PJP.2020.18613.