ResearchTop 5 Publications
- Detection and characterization of arboviroses transmitted by hematophagous arthropods (including mosquitoes, ticks and phlebotomine sand flies).
- Metagenomic analysis of mosquito viromes.
- Analysis of the replication of mosquito-associated viruses in insect cell-culture (including superinfection exclusion events).
- Characterization of the cytopathic effects induced by the replication of negeviruses in insect cell culture.
Team: Aida Esteves, Raul Covinha, Lúcia Figueira
Direct Collaborators: Mónica Nunes, Carla Maia, Carla Sousa, Paulo Almeida
- Carapeta S, do Bem B, McGuinness J, Esteves A, Abecasis A, Lopes Â, de Matos AP, Piedade J, de Almeida AP, Parreira R. 2015. Negeviruses found in multiple species of mosquitoes from southern Portugal: Isolation, genetic diversity, and replication in insect cell culture. Virology. 483:318-28.
- Parreira R, Sousa CA. 2015. Dengue fever in Europe: could there be an epidemic in the future? Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 13(1):29-40.
- Parreira R, Centeno-Lima S, Lopes A, Portugal-Calisto D, Constantino A, Nina J. 2014. Dengue virus serotype 4 and chikungunya virus coinfection in a traveller returning from Luanda, Angola, January 2014. Euro Surveill. 19(10). pii: 20730.
- Parreira R, Cook S, Lopes Â, de Matos AP, de Almeida AP, Piedade J, Esteves A. 2012. Genetic characterization of an insect-specific flavivirus isolated from Culex theileri mosquitoes collected in southern Portugal. Virus Res. 167(2):152-61.
- Parreira R, Severino P, Freitas F, Piedade J, Almeida AP, Esteves A. 2007. Two distinct introductions of the West Nile virus in Portugal disclosed by phylogenetic analysis of genomic sequences. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 7(3):344-52.